Thursday, October 05, 2006

race numero 2

Welcome to the HAAAAAAAmptons (in old man English sounding voice). This past weekend my adventure took me to a place called New York, well just outside New York. The area was the Hampton’s. I will give you a break down of this place….BMW, Hummer, Cadies…etc. Pretty much not a poor bone in any ones body. I had a good time in the Log cabin I was staying in. The homeowners were not even home they were away doing an adventure race. These people owned probably 15 mountain and road bikes, 3 dirt bikes and 2 off-road jeeps. Yeah they only had a bit of cash….hahaha. Oh I forgot 3 dogs and 5 cats, which loved to make noise. Other then that that’s a break down of the situation I was in for a few days.
Racing was the hard part. I had one of those days where everything seems to go wrong. Saturday morning I woke up had a good breakfast, worked on my bike, and got things rolling for the day. The bad day started when I arrived at the race and realized my wallet took a walk. I had miss placed my wallet and realized I would have difficulty registering for the race. I talked to the head official and he let it slide for the first day as long as I brought my license the next day. That meant I would have to found my wallet, but I had faith I would find it! I was getting ready for my race and as I shut the car I realized that I had locked the keys in the car. One more thing to worry about before my race started. Luckily I talked to the right guy; he was a mechanic and could get in and get my keys… I went and warmed up and within 20mins he had my keys. The word for the day was fewf! Well other then my problems before the race I got in a good warm up and looked good! I will explain this race like it was a bad essay. I got the introduction, body and conclusion mixed up. I jammed early, blew up and then came back at the end…even though I was filled with disappointment I conquered a mountain of failure. Not being pleased with my race just fueled the engine to do a training ride after the race…soooo I rode home which was around 30km. I had a life and death experience when I rode home, some young punks thought it would be cool to shoot off cap guns and yelled die, die, die…Now that’s class…only in the USA…I was scared and pissed...
Day 2, now focus was at an all time high. I had my clothes laid out on my bed, meals planned and bikes tuned and ready. I was ready to step it up. I did a lengthy warm up compared to what I am used to but it felt good. I didn’t forget my wallet or lock my keys in the car…so right there…Karma had my back! I am going to cut this short…but pretty much had my best cyclocross race….etc, etc, etc…. and I drove home the end!

Ask yourself this, “how full is your bucket”?????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my bucket is half full....or is it half empty? hmmmm....about time we gota up date to by the way!!

Anonymous said...

Is that meant to be a rhetorical question, cuz I dud'n understood it.