Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Fish out of water

Race number threeeeeeeee… today is brought to you by the letter F… for Fun

Today was one of those days that I am thankful is over… super tired, traveling and racing has finally caught up with me. I have been here for 4 days and I have had hardly any major problems, just lots of racing. Molly and I had a long day of getting things done before we headed to the race. We had to drop off a rental and pick up another one. That flat tire we had ended up costing us 150 euros… don’t rent from eurocar….anyways… We got a new a car that is cheaper and a little bigger. We started the day bummed out about the tire but that was a low that would shortly end with our day of racing. We arrived at the race. I met up with some fellow Canadians, talked with the Brits and met a wonderful family that will be helping me out for the remainder of my trip. Molly had more bad luck swing his way when they denied his license, huge headache. I jumped on the course and pre road 2 laps, after that I jumped on the road… which was a mistake I frooozeeeee… The course was very interesting, off camber down hills, stairs, beach (running/riding), tight twisty corners (very similar to single track) and loopy frozen grass corners. Now on a good day that’s a perfect course for me. I was just not in the groove for the first three quarters of this race. It all started with a bad start, then I was being a little girl in the corners riding the brakes, then there’s the beach. I felt like a fish out of the water, just flopping all over the place. Something came over me on the last 2 laps, I think it was the… what would Rambo do…. Kill count 134538939458… it was one of those great moments when you grip your bar tighter, clinch your teeth, put your head down and hammer. First came the no brakes in the corners… two wheel sliding… then came the KD burst’s out of the corners… Now it was time for the sand, as I dropped in off the ramp on to the beach, I just began to float. The running on the sand felt like I was a deer galloping through a forest. I started to get back in to the groove. I ended the race on a high note… patience’s… your legs after 2 races in 3 days and traveling can pay a toll… I placed 34th… and was very close to not being lapped…

 

Molly and I had a house race… whoever won doesn’t have to clean the apartment… Molly got 28th… looks like vacuuming for me… I better fly over Cris for that job!!!

 

NOTES: 

-       Next race Jan 12th/ 13th…UCI race and World Cup…

-       Pumped for a little recovery!

-       After the race I chilled in a RV and drank Coffee with my pitting family…nice change

-       Rob Orange landed in town… time for some chillin with other Canadians.

-       Molly is leaving for 4 days… home alone in Belgium…

 

The Rambo quote that got me past today…

 

“Live for something or die for nothing…your call”- John Rambo

http://movies.break.com/rambo/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey bro, happy new year...did you get my text? Keep riding hard and having fun. Get some rest and I'm loving the Rambo quotes...they're classic. Look forward to more stories. Lawson and Pam say hi.
Later Bro...old balls