Monday, January 21, 2008

update

The last stretch of the trip!

 Well before I give you the race report I want to update you with the last few days. I have been staying in Mol, Belgium at a Belgium cottage resort called Sunparks. The place was a really nice facility. I was staying with Rob “Robocop” Orange, “Hot Rod” Olliver (he likes to party) and sickie mic sickie Stephen Proulx… The whole point of moving from Leuven to Mol was because Master World Championships was on Saturday in Mol. I was pitting for Robbie Orange on Saturday and did he have a great race!!! In fact all the Ontario riders had great rides. Congrats to Steve, Marc and Vicki. Also props to the westerners Norm and Brad!

Over the last 3 days the life of KD hasn’t really been all that different. Riding, Eating and sleeping… The main that has been stripped from me was the Internet… and wow three days of not checking out the World Wide Web has really hurt!

Race Day: World Cup Nederland’s

Lets just say pre riding a course is sometimes a good idea… and warming up is also an even better idea. It was one of those days… My head wasn’t really in it. I had my first DNF in Europe. Now that’s something I really don’t like doing because quitting is something that I don’t do. I had a pretty pathetic crash in to a fence and bummed up my side. It happened on the first lap and just took the wind right of my sails. After completing 3 horrible laps I pulled out and called it quits for the day. There is a first and last for everything and that is DNFing in Europe.

On a positive note the rest of the Canadians were riding strong. Shaun Adamson was riding strong in the Under 23 race. What I know of the junior race Dave Larson completed his first European race… Tag yeah! Wendy Simms and Kelly Jones were ripping up the elite women’s race. Wendy grabbed another 5th… BAM! The Elite men’s race was exciting. I have to say Aaron Scholar is hilarious to cheer for all smiles from that guy. Osmond and Mike G were ripping up the course!!! Now one Canadian I really don’t know but was funny in the race was a Quebec guy named Pascal. He almost ate it hard on the decent I crashed on but he saved it. After saving it he waved to the crowd. Lets just say if you wave to a cyclocross crowd they don’t forget you. Every time Pascal would drop in on the decent the crowd would go nuts. Nice work buddy!!!

 

Well today is travel mode, Hot Rod and I are grabbing a Hotel at the airport and getting ready for our flights tomorrow. Italy is tomorrow and World Championships is 5 days away. Each night is slotted for movie watching… can you guess? Rocky!!!

Robyn, Cris, Bill and Sonja arrive in Italy tomorrow!

Ian “The Champ” Manning arrives tomorrow as well!!!

 

Cheers

Living the Dream

KD

2 comments:

Amanda said...

hey kd,
keep rippin' it up. have a great ride next weekend. i will be cheering for you!
amanda

Anonymous said...

Lovin your blog kd
Hope your dad and mom brought you some Arm and Hammer - RonBobs'secret to success!!!
*Rubber side down boy*