Tuesday, March 18, 2008

TUCSON, Birthday and MTBING

The last time I posted an update we were conquering the wall of pain. Now I am 1 year older and I can feel the wisdom pumping through my body. Each day, each moment and each situation it seems that I learn something new about myself, and the people around me. I turned 22 on March 13th and the day was action packed. We decided to move to Tucson for the weekend to get in some mountain biking and see the other Canadian friends. We all went out for Mexican food in down town Tucson. I had the Grande Burrito… it was grandee delicious. Thanks for a wonderful birthday Fudge, Derek, Mark, Adam, Emily and Charlotte! After enjoying 8 dollar pitchers of beer we all headed pack to the “land yacht” for coconut chocolate cake!!! YUM YUM.

The next 2 days Derek, Fudge and I would take on the challenge of conquering the local mountain bike trails. The riding we did was the most technical trails I have ever been on. Derek and I constantly challenged each other to try new lines down rock-polluted trails. I was super proud of Fudge. She really pushed her skill level; she was riding things that made me look away! We all left with some cactus marks and bumps and bruises but it was well worth it. The second day Derek and I did an EPIC ride… 7hr, 125km mountain bike ride!!!  EPIC, ENDURING and certainly without doubt EVENTFUL… pretty much wraps up the ride in three words!

Well we are all safe and sound back in Yuma. I missed the warm blue sky’s, so nice to be back!

Cheers

KD

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

125 KM NO SH*T man i REALLY REALLY wish i was down there with you guys that sounds epic glad the b day went well say hi to everyone for me and again wish i was down there rollers are becoming labourus but i can now play guitar hero while riding them! haha anyways see you in a month

Haydn

Anonymous said...

Hey I haven't been on here in a while so i figured i would say good to see all is going well and that Fudge made it ok!! Matt is on his way now so he should be there on time!!

See you when you return...take care!!
Fitzy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're doing good. Hope the Birthday card finally made it to you. Matt is on his way today and is leaving behind snow that is coming down blizzard style.
I'm sure it will still be around for you to enjoy when you get back here!
Take care.
The Grahams