Thursday, April 30, 2009

News From Belgium

I am over half way done my trip, not the best feeling but home is always nice. 

I was able to ride the course today and the best way to describe it is... HARD. It might be do to my poor fitness or the fact that it is hardest course I have ever ridden. It has 1030 feet of climbing a lap and most of the climbing is very demanding. I tried riding a lap at an easy to moderate pace... well that was the plan but it quickly turned in to a tempo ride for 2 hours. I tried my hardest to keep the HR low but the variables were working against me. My rusty mountain bike skills also played a massive role on how I handle the many tricky single tracks. I need some major mtb miles to get my self back to where I need to be to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. After my two poor attempts to ride fasts around the course Derek and I decided to ride home. We arrived back at the house at around 2:39 ride time. I wanted to go a little longer so I headed towards Luxembourg. It was the first beautifu
l day in Belgium, and my ride kept me out in the elements for 3 hours and 30 minutes. 

There are so many amazing monuments of the war in this area. My goal for tomorrow is to take some photos of the massive war graves and the monument that is dedicated to "E Company" from the US Army.  

Stay Tuned for some hot photos and few more stories....

cheers

MMMMMMmmmm.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh chocolate from Belgium, you tease, enjoy, good luck to you all on the weekend....Momma Dukes