Saturday, December 29, 2007

Made it

Alive and in one piece… I think that’s the best title to any story where people are wondering if you are ok…

I arrived in Belgium today and stepped foot in to my apartment at exactly 11:30am.

The last 24hrs has been an amazing adventure. It all started at 9180 Ashburn Rd with my drive to the airport. Fudges battery was dead in her truck so we had to jump it with my Mom’s truck. The drive to the airport was easy and relaxing, it was a non-issue all to the stellar driving of Fudge and my Mom. The airport is another story, my bike bags cost me $250 and everyone wanted to know what was in the bags. Before I continue on with my little story I have to thank Sonja Graham my travel agent for getting me awesome flights over to Belgium. Anyways back to the splash. I had no real problems on my first flight other then I was hungry. The long Haul was a tiny bit different. The crew forgot to fill the plane with water so we left the terminal 1hr 30mins after our original departure time. The weird part of it is that the plane landed 38mins early in Brussels, crazy. I then grabbed my bikes and headed for the train station. (Note to self…caring a bike bag hurts a cyclist body… invest in wheels or sherpa) I landed in Leuven, waited for an hr and then arrived my chariot to take me to the housing.

 

Now I am just trying to get settled in because I race tomorrow…..eeeeeeeeeeee…..

 

Cheers

KD

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it...good luck tomorrow, keep us posted. momma dukes

Anonymous said...

Happy that you are in "one piece." Missing ya already, good luck at the race...will be looking forward to reading all about it...love the dougys.

Tom said...

Good luck in the race! What one is it?

And what's the deal with your housing? Is it free at one of the national centres?