Sunday, January 06, 2008

Day by Day

The Days of Resting

 Rest days are a blessing. Most of the time you are not resting, it usually consists of getting everything done that you have been putting off because of your training. Once again I had many things to do before I had a chance to put my feet up and enjoy the classic sit and do nothing. Since I arrived everything seemed to be rushed. A rush to build the bikes, a rush to get on the bike, a rush to eat…. The days just didn’t seem long enough in the first week I was here. Now that I have most of the items out of the way the days seem longer and I have time to chill!

 Yesterday I decided with the help of Rob Orange to go and watch him race in the Northern part of Belgium. He faired well in the race. His bike on the other hand took a royal beating. This course was ankle deep of mud. I washed his bike after and I would say it weighed in at 40lbs. While I was up that way I decided it would be sweet to ride to the North Sea. Sooo that’s what I did t kill a few hours before Rob’s race.

 After the race we also took a gander in to Brugge to grab a bite to eat. The place is still the same… coble roads, tall old churches and tones of chocolate stores!

 Lastly… I have been bored so to keep myself entertained I have been doing the good old Google search on things. I came across the Muhammad Ali web page and a few of his quotes…

Enjoy!

To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you’re not, pretend you are.

Muhammad Ali

 

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘‘don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''

Muhammad Ali

 

I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark.

Muhammad Ali

 

If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.

Muhammad Ali

 

If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.

Muhammad Ali 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kyle,

I've been reading the blog, keep it up.....Be sure to take lots of pics....

Talk soon.
matt

Anonymous said...

Love ya and miss ya uncle Kyle...I am very proud if you. L-Man

Anonymous said...

hey dude very inspiring keep up the awesome work and although he was a very inspirational man lets stick to cycling im not sure if boxxing is your true calling (not that you were considering it) haha let er rip bra
haydn