Monday, January 07, 2008

GPS- making it to easy

Back at it

 After a nice day of resting I was back at the preparation for the next coming weeks, with the ultimate goal of performing at the end of the month.

 I was using my GPS today to guide me through the twisty roads of Belgium. I started off on a four-lane road with a two-way bike path on each side; it then turned in to a two-lane road with a single lane bike path. As time passed the road changed to a two-lane road with no bike lanes. The road began to turn and go out of a little village, as it did this it turned in to a single lane paved road, then coble stone, then dirt, then finishing off as a goat path. I ended up being right in the middle of a forest, on road tires with mountain bike trails starring me right in the eyes, so tempting. One thought come to mind, DAMN road tires!!! Maybe a blessing in disguise, knowing me I would have attempted some of them and injuring myself. The next thing I thought of was only if DZ was here… it would have been one the classic Dougy and Derek moments… did you just do that? Yes, why?... Now I have to do it!!!... Thank you for not being here Derek!!! Shortly after I would find a road. I pulled out one of my skillzzzz, other then following my trail back I put my ear to the ground and listened for traffic… Just kidding the GPS pointed me to safety! I finished off a great ride and enjoyed delightful bowl of soup with hummus and rice crackers!

 Cheers from the flats of Belgium

 

Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.

Mahatma Gandhi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, hope your European campaign is going well. I got snowshoes for Christmas and that or running are the only activities going on here. We've got some really mild temps that create some thick fog...bad for road rides and the trails are too snow covered.
Anyways, represent well and have fun, Tony.