Wednesday, January 16, 2008

In or Out?

Kyle more then meets the eye!

Today is moving day! I am parting ways with the Leuven Apartment and parting ways with Molly my roommate. Molly is heading back home to Portland but before arriving home he is attending the last UCI race on the American calendar in California. Rod and I on the other hand are moving north. We will be living just outside a town called Mol with Rob and Steve, 2 other Canadians. I have 13 days left of my trip and 10 days till World Championships…

For once I woke up early and got started on the day. Made the morning coffee slipped in to my scandalously fly bike kit… a.k.a spandex and ventured out on the roads of Belgium. I had one major thing to do on my ride and that was finding the Scott factory. I was meeting up with Eddie Dewit from Scott to chat about plans of returning for next year and to check out the building. I made it to the factory under 45mins and met up with Eddie. After I left Scott, I decided that I would rather not take the same route home. With a quick decision I hung a right on the first road I came across. I journeyed along the coble-stoned road until the road stopped at a “T”… Hmmmmm decisions??? Left or right??? I knew that home was in some direction left of where I was….so I went left.. This road slowly turned in to a dirt road and led me in to a forest. I knew it would go somewhere like all roads… they do lead you somewhere!!! As I was cruising along, I began to daydream and take in the elements around me. In my case trees and small steep banks is what was entertaining me. Something caught my eye though. I stopped and tried to make it out from the trail but just couldn’t make it out. EXPLORING time! I ditched the bike and started to climb the small bank. I found a small concrete opening imbedded in to the side of the bank. I tried looking in but couldn’t really see anything so I climbed to the top. At the top I found a concrete staircase leading down in to what looked like a chamber. Now this is when I couldn’t decide do I proceed and explore this bunker like thing or do I play it safe and walk away. Knowing my luck if I went down or tried to look around I would have gotten hurt… that would have been a beauty phone call home… Anyways I took off. Grabbed my bike and carried on my way. I got home safe and ended the ride with a wondering mind… all I can think about what was in the concrete bunker…????

I may never know…

Cheers

Participants described three main ways in which they drew sense and meaning from life: through interconnections with others (belonging), taking part in activities (doing), and seeking to understand their own nature and the world around them (understanding)."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanx for playing it a little safe
your mother appreciates it, that's one phone call I'll pass on today,
good luck this weekend, and have a safe flight into Venice.

Momma Dukes

Anonymous said...

hi Kyle


you may have stumbled on one of the many bunkers around leuven
build by the belgian army just before ww2
pictures of these can be found on

tijlv.studentenweb.org/mt/archives/2007/02/


scroll down to
16 februari 2007

there 's a link to pictures

Koens Flickr-pagina.


greetz


Geert