Sunday, January 13, 2008

allez allez


Viva La France………. 

France it went by so fast… fewf. My French campaign was shortly lived. I was discussing with the roommates… (By the way I have one new roommate Rod Oliver from Cyclocross Ontario)… how in cycling you really cant blame other people for your result in a race. While in most team sports you can pass the blame off to another player, coach or in the Leafs case the GM for a bad performance. With that being said a Dutch rider may have taken me out early in the race and it cost me a few spots but really the 37th finishing spot was what I could do! You always want better, you always will want to be faster and you will always want to be the winner and it can all happen! I am a true believer in the defeats I face now will make the journey to being victorious that so much better. That’s the beautiful life of an Athlete, always wanting more! The road you may take may turn or get bumpy but… fight it so that when you get to the end you can be a champion. Proof… Wendy Simms best World Cup finish to date I think was 14th… today 5th!!! Congrats Wendy. Also props to the rest of the Canadians… the high fives, the smiles, the cheering...and the fun… is what makes it all worth it!

Anyways my race may have had some ups and some downs but overall I went to France raced the best in the world and placed 37th. Now I prepare for another World Cup where I set the bar higher, digging deeper and knocking a few places off the number 37!

For those who have Facebook I will be putting up some videos from the race. Also I will be putting a photo album up as well. I have a photo of me eating the Dutch rider after he ate the fence… but Rod forgot his cable to transfer the photo. Once we get it I will post it on the Blog, it is really funny I had a good laugh!

 

Cheers

Happy living!

Gotta be KD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Kyle...the videos are great...for a few seconds I felt like I was there then I looked around and realized that indeed I was still on Grierson St. in the "Shwiggidy" (North of Highway 2,though). We are so proud of you...keep it up!! Love the Dougys
xo

Anonymous said...

Hey Kyle, well done, saw the videos
great coverage, looking forward to the next race, good luck....

Momma Dukes